The weekend in Atlanta was incomparable. Two nights at 529 with Magnapop and Elf Power. Those are two remarkable bands; their longevity and their unfailingly high musical quality are enviable. Friends, fine food, some commerce, but mostly music and more music. Thank you to my hosts, the Owings family, who graciously opened their home and lives to me for a couple of nights.
The single's out now; I got back from Old Durham Station where I put many of y'all's singles into the US Postal Service's hands around noon yesterday. More new ones are coming in, and I'll do my level best to get orders turned around and out in a timely fashion.
Let's see...here's my updated list o' gigs, solo unless otherwise noted:
- Wed 2/15 Neptune’s Parlour - Songs From Downstairs w/ Rod Abernethy - Raleigh NC
- Thu 3/2 Cameo Art House Theater - Fayetteville NC
- Fri 3/24 Bull’s Bay - Charleston SC - HOOTIE & THE BLOWFISH
- Sat 3/25 Music from the Wild Honey Orchestra & Friends Play The Band: Music From Big Pink and Beyond - Los Angeles CA - one of many artists, including CONTINENTAL DRIFTERS
- Sun 3/26 Wild Honey - Backyard Show with Plainsong (Iain Matthews and Andy Roberts) - Los Angeles CA
- The 4/6 HiFi with Gershwin Brothers - New York NY
- Fri 4/7 City Winery with Wesley Stace’s Cabinet of Wonders - New York NY
- Mon 4/10 House of Blues - N Myrtle Beach SC - HOOTIE & THE BLOWFISH
- Fri 4/14 Muddy Creek Music Café w/ Rod Abernethy - Winston-Salem NC
- Sat 4/15 Blue Note Grill - Durham NC - THE WELL RESPECTED MEN
I've reactivated my ReverbNation page, although I'm still stumbling through construction there like a giant stumbling thing. Nevertheless, I was greeted with the news that I am ranked at #2 in the Durham Rock charts there. So go figure. You are welcome to join me there through this here and watch the transformation taking place if you have that kind of time on your hands. Show dates will be there, too.
Thanks for all the support with this little record, friends.
(I just love that cartoon, that's the only reason it's there.)