Skip to main content

The State of Things, The Station and an important request.

Photo by Vanessa Briscoe Hay (Pylon Reenactment Society)

Hi y'all


Here's some of our exciting news for the end of December. 

  1. The Peter Holsapple Combo will be performing on The State of Things on WUNC. Hosted by Frank Stasio, the show is an institution on radio in the Triangle. Our show will run Friday, December 21 and will also be archived if that's more convenient for your listening pleasure. As a longtime listener, I'm thrilled beyond belief to play on The State of Things. Here's a link to the show although you'll have to wait two weeks before we come on. Doesn't matter, it's a great show anyway, and you'll undoubtedly hear something that strikes your fancy no matter when you tune in.
  2. On Saturday, December 22 (that's three days before Christmas, don't you know), the Peter Holsapple Combo will be playing at The Station in Carrboro NC with our friends Arrow Beach, a band that features in its ranks former Stratocruiser Mike Nicholson and my ol' Baron Von Rumblebuss bandmate Tray Batson. They rock with abandon, we do too. We start the show at 9:00 pm, so stop wrapping presents for a couple hours and show up for a flagon of mead. Here's the Facebook event page until I can get the ticket link from The Station itself.
  3. VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: I need to ask a favor of my friends here. I would love it if you could cast a vote online for GAME DAY in the No Depression magazine year-end readers' poll (YERP). Here's the link. You can only vote once per email address and it must be before 11:59 pm EST Friday, December 14, but you can vote for up to ten albums. This was a banner year for excellent records, so it shouldn't be hard to come up with a few that knocked your socks off. But most importantly, since it's all about me anyway, I would so appreciate a vote from you for GAME DAY, especially if you liked the record.
More news to come, and I'll get you a ticket link for the Station show as soon as it's available. 

This was a great year, to say the least, and playing with Will Rigby and Glenn RIchard Jones in the Peter Holsapple Combo has been just amazing and fulfilling. They do good things with my songs, and I'm beyond ecstatic. 

Expect lots more from us in early 2019, some of which I'll be able to disclose in the next blog post. 

Thanks for all your support. It has meant the world to me, and it's inspired me to keep getting new music out for you to enjoy.

Sincerely
PeterH

Dinky toy, just because.

Comments

Tom L said…
Done and done. Thanks for the terrific music!

Popular posts from this blog

Back in the saddle again -- new shows and updates from Peter H

  Outside The Hit Shed, Durham NC Hi everyone, Getting ready to start back up again, after a year-plus out of action onstage. I have five shows opening up for  Tommy Prine (son of John) coming soon:     August 6 - Georgia Theater (Athens GA)     August 7 - Cat's Cradle Back Room (Chapel Hill NC)     August 8 - The Grey Eagle (Asheville NC)     September 3 - 118 North (Philadelphia PA)     September 4 - Rams Head (Annapolis MD) I'm also going to open for the Connells , whose new album Steadman's Wake is superb:     September 18 - The Eastern (Atlanta GA) You all probably already know about Our Back Pages  (by Peter Holsapple & Chris Stamey) being released on LP and CD via Omnivore Recordings, but if not, here's a link to the new video for "Today Could Be the Day." The songs on OBP are from the catalog of The dB's but given new and interesting treatments by Chris and me. I've been working in The Hit Shed, my home studio, over the months, writing a

Jungle gym

Day before yesterday, after school, I got to watch the five-year-old put hand after hand on the overhead ladder and get himself from one side to the other. It seemed like only days ago that he'd been struggling, worried about how to get from one rung to the next, how far down he would fall and how badly he'd be hurt if he did fall. Now he boldly traversed the ladder with me ten feet away, hearing "watch this, Daddy" and looking on, gapemouthed and amazed. I remember having that feeling about ten years ago, out at the lakefront park in New Orleans, watching my daughter struggling the same way for weeks of her trying and dropping to the sand, sadly defeated for all her effort. Until one day, she swung herself to the next rung, stayed attached then did it again with a look of intense exhiliration in her face. She was incredibly proud of her victory, as was I, and she has excelled at gymnastics and physical education ever since. There's one more child that I get to

"Back yet again!" says the Infrequent Blogger

(photo by Bill Reaves) I am inevitably confounded by the amount of time I let go by between posts here. My last post was February of last year (2022). You may ask yourself "what was he doing that prevented him from posting again?" and the answer is, of course, "nothing really." I forget I have this place to write my thoughts down for a waiting world to read, which would be helpful for me as well to empty my chaotic mind and make a little space. But since you're here and may be wondering what I'm up to, I'll try to fill you in. Mostly, I'm tending to home stuff. I do laundry and pick up groceries and a lot of domestic engineering that involves a broom, dustpan and mop. And sometimes that sweet shower glass cleaner recipe I found a while ago that makes it so you can see out again. We have a new junior at UNC-W and a new junior at Riverside High School, and they've been navigating their lives outside the nest. The high schooler just got her drivers&